20121010

T.I.R: I Went to Dusseldorf (part 2)


Oops, I almost forgot to finish my story. Well, here it goes.

So last time I kind of rushed through it hahhaha. But we went to GDS, and GDS is like this big ass trade show for shoes and accessories (although some brands bring their entire collection including clothes). We were there for 2 reasons. First of all we did a preview of the amazing exhibition we're doing at Dutch Design Week (I realize that I still haven't said much about it, but that post is coming y'all, be patient). Since we wanted to do a little sum' sum' for the people as well we decided to also do a short shoe lacing course with these funky laces we flew in from abroad (read China). It was kind of funny, but in the end most people didn't really want to do it, but we were not complaining about that of course hahah (don't tell the boss I said that). So, look in the back of the stand you'll see 4 huge banners. I made those (the shoe lacing board and diplomas as well). You'd never be able to tell, right? Well, as it turns out you can't ALWAYS use neon colours #suckstobemerightnow.

The preview of course was just part of our stand. We were really there to promote the new Industrial Footwear Design masterclass that starts in January and the courses we offer for the footwear professionals (I know it sounds weird when I say "we" haha, but truth be told, we actually are involved in everything. You best believe I'm not running around getting coffee all day). So thank god I paid some attention in high school, because I had to explain all that and go into detail about our courses to people in Dutch, English, German, French and even Spanish. I would've been screwed if I didn't parlez vous (don't correct me, I'm trying to be funny here).


And Nicoline (cue Kelis' 'Bossy') also gave a couple of seminars and trend forecasts. Of course I was gonna use the picture where you could see my picture on the screen hahaha. It's just the beginning of the presentation where she introduced us all.

I also went to another lecture, which was really cool. I can't wait to go back to class and use my knowledge on my teachers. You know how they always love pretending like we know nothing. Imma upstage y'all now, suckers! And there were colour forecasts as well that you could look at for inspiration and stuff. And of course I was stuck in the magazine corner. So crazy, they were selling some magazines, that you could get for free like 10 steps away #tryagain. I was most happy with my Sportswear International.

I did discover a couple of cool brands, but I figured I should make this blog "more fashion" (that is one of our teachers favourite things to say in school) so I'll start blogging about cool brands and stuff as well.. If I don't forget. I also met the owner of the Virtual Shoe Museum. It's a really cool site, so if you don't know it yet, check it out. I'm sure you can find something inspiring to use for future projects on there. So that was it. all the other stuff I did and people I met shall remain unknown. For now. Peace!

Love, R.


P.S.: I totally got photographed by Shoemocracy, but as usual I forgot to look it up or ask when it would be posted. He, like many others, went gaga over my Jeremy Scott Gorilla's hahah. 

1 comment: